A MESSAGE TO OUR GENERATOR FAMILY
We at Generator have always prioritized the guest experience, both socially and in terms of comfort and hygiene, to develop a product that set us apart in the hospitality industry. In light of the ever changing situation with regards to COVID-19, we have a duty of care to our guests, visitors and staff to ensure safety, transparency and flexibility in what is proving to be exceptional, difficult circumstances.
Like the rest of the hospitality industry, we're currently following all procedural advice as supplied to us via the WHO, the CDC and local governments, adjusting operational systems and cancellation policies as the situation develops.
Bookings and cancellations
At this moment in time, we recognize the need to alleviate stress for our guests by offering flexibility for those affected by shut borders and states of emergency, and we are regularly updating our cancellation policy to accommodate those affected by these unprecedented circumstances.
Our intention, as always, is to ensure the comfort and happiness of you, our guests. As such, all individual bookings made before 15th
April for stays through May 30th
into all Generator properties are now subject to a flexible booking clause whereby rooms can be changed at any time before 30th of December 2020. You should contact the respective properties to arrange if booked directly or contact your Online Travel Agent if you used this booking channel.
For group bookings, we ask organizers to speak to their respective hotel sales or Central Reservations contact.
For any other queries we encourage you to visit our website for more detailed updates.
Your stay at Generator
For any and all guests staying at or visiting Generator properties during this period, we want to reassure you that you will be taken care of and kept in a safe, healthy environment. We are doing everything in our power to ensure that all premises are kept to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and that emergency protocols are ready to be enacted should we be alerted to a case of COVID-19 at any of our hotels.
As such we have implemented the following changes to our operations across all our hotels:
- We encourage all individual guests to check in online – details of the check process will be sent to you upon confirmation of your booking. Whilst our front desks will be operational (albeit with protective screens) we are trying to ensure that contact is kept to a minimum.
- We will be practicing social distancing both in our public areas and rooms – new signage will guide you through the hotel and in shared accommodation every second bed will be kept empty.
- Any food and beverage offerings will be based on grab and go concepts
- Deep cleaning throughout our hotels has been increased and is in line with standards recommended by local authorities
- To ensure that all the above measures are enforced, we are working with well renowned certified hospitality hygiene provider ECOLAB who have developed a global program in partnership with Lobster Ink that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness, sanitising and disinfection training for all team members.
- Masks and other hygiene products will be available for purchase in our travel shops and vending machines
You will also find more advice from us on steps that you should take prior to making your journey on your confirmation email allowing you to prepare as best you can before leaving home.
Wishing you all good health,