A MESSAGE TO OUR GENERATOR FAMILY
At Generator we have always prioritized the guest experience, both socially and in terms of comfort and hygiene, to develop a product that set us apart in the hospitality industry. In light of the on-going situation with regards to COVID-19, we have a duty of care to our guests, visitors and staff to ensure safety and flexibility in what is proving to be exceptional circumstances.
Like the rest of the hospitality industry, we're currently following all procedural advice as supplied to us via the WHO, the CDC and local governments, adjusting operational systems and cancellation policies as the situation develops.
Bookings and cancellations
Our intention, as always, is to ensure the comfort and happiness of our guests. We have introduced flexible booking options for all future bookings giving you the freedom and peace of mind to make changes if you need.
At this moment in time, we recognize the need to alleviate stress for our guests by offering flexibility, and we are regularly updating our cancellation policy to accommodate those affected by these unprecedented circumstances. Please have a look at our FAQ section
on the website for more details.
Your stay at Generator - our safety promise
We want to reassure you that you will be taken care of and kept in a safe, healthy environment when you stay with us. As such we are doing everything in our power to ensure that all premises are kept to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and that emergency protocols are ready to be enacted should we be alerted to a case of COVID-19 at any of our hotels.
We have implemented the following changes to our operations across all our hotels:
- We encourage all individual guests to check-in online – details of the check-in process will be sent to you upon confirmation of your booking when you book directly via our website. Whilst our front desks will be operational (albeit with protective screens) we are trying to ensure that contact is kept to a minimum and have also introduced touch screen check-in technology.
- We will be practicing social distancing both in our public areas and rooms – new signage will guide you through the hotel.
- Any food and beverage offerings will be based on grab and go concepts as many of our bars and restaurants are temporarily closed during this time
- Deep cleaning throughout our hotels has been increased and is in line with standards recommended by local authorities
- To ensure that all the above measures are enforced, we are working with renowned certified hospitality hygiene provider ECOLAB who have developed a global program in partnership with Lobster Ink that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness, sanitising and disinfection training for all team members.
- Masks and other hygiene products will be available for purchase in our travel shops and vending machines.
- Finally, we are also adhering to the global health certification 'Safe travels' issued by the World Travel & Tourism Council in recognition of our new standards and team training.
I would like to thank you for your continued support, wish you all good health, and looking forward welcoming you to Generator soon!